CHL# 847 VENTURA COUNTY COURTHOUSE
The courthouse was designed in 1910 by one of the early pioneers of architecture in Southern California-Albert C. Martin, Sr. Dedicated in July 1913, the structure is an outstanding example of neoclassic architecture, a style prevalent in the United States at the turn of the century. The courthouse is an extremely well-proportioned building, and is rich in detail and materials not likely to be found elsewhere in the Southern California area.
Also on the US National Register of Historic Places.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.