CHL# 984 CASA DE RANCHO SAN ANTONIO (HENRY GAGE MANSION)
Contained within this building are the remaining portions of an adobe house built by Francisco Salvador Lugo and his son Antonio María Lugo. Francisco Lugo was a prominent early landholder and Antonio served as the Alcalde of Los Angeles. They completed the building by 1810. Henry Tifft Gage acquired the property in 1880 and lived here from 1883 until 1924. Gage served as the Governor of California from 1899 to 1903.
Christine’s Note: This home is in the middle of a mobile home co-op, and it appears there are no visitor hours to see the inside where the remnants of the adobe are. It literally is just a big house with mobile homes around it.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.