CHL# 340 MISSION LA PURÍSIMA
Established December 8, 1787, by Father Lasuén, the mission was badly damaged by an earthquake in 1812. Removed from control of Franciscans during secularization of the missions, it was abandoned in 1834. State and National Park Services and the Civilian Conservation Corps restored major and many small structures and the water system so that today La Purisima is the only example in California of a complete mission.
Also on the National Register of Historic Places and a National Historic Landmark.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.