CHL# 802 AH LOUIS STORE
Ah Louis’ Store, established in 1874, was the first Chinese store in the county. It sold general merchandise and herbs and served as a bank, counting house, and post office for the numerous Chinese coolies who dug the eight tunnels through the Mountains of Cuesta for the Southern Pacific Railroad, 1884 to 1894.
Also on the National Register of Historic Places.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.