CHL# 105 ROYAL PRESIDIO CHAPEL OF SAN CARLOS BORROMÉO
Established as a mission by Father Serra, June 3, 1770, this became the royal Presidio Chapel when the mission was moved to Carmel. The chapel was rebuilt with stone in 1791 and became the parish church in 1835, due to secularization. In a dilapidated condition in 1850, it was reconstructed and altered with money donated by Governor Pacheco in 1858.
Also on the US National Register of Historic Places and a US National Landmark.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.