CHL# 305 MISSION SANTA INÉS
This mission was founded in 1804 by Father Estévan Tapís to reach the Indians living east of the Coast Range. Construction was completed in 1817. It was through the efforts of Father Alexander Buckler, starting in 1904, that Mission Santa Inés was restored to as much as possible of its old charm and grace.
Also on the US National Register of Historic Places and a US National Historic Landmark.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.