CHL# 127 CASA DE GOVERNOR PÍO PICO
Following the Mexican War, Pío Pico, last Mexican governor, acquired 9,000-acre Rancho Paso de Bartolo and built here an adobe home that was destroyed by the floods of 1883-1884. His second adobe casa, now known as Pío Pico Mansion, represents a compromise between Mexican and American cultures. While living here the ex-Governor was active in the development of American California.
Also on the US National Register of Historic Places.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.