CHL# 220 MISSION SAN RAFAEL ARCÁNGEL
The San Rafael Arcángel Mission, 20th in the chain of the 21 California missions, was established in 1817 by the Franciscan Order. After the ‘decree of secularization’ in 1834, the buildings gradually fell into ruin. The mission was reconstructed on the original site in 1949.
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.