CHL# 60 CASA DE LOPEZ
Built about 1835 by Juan Francisco Lopez, one of San Diego’s early Spanish settlers, the Casa Larga, or Long House, was among the first substantial houses built in the Pueblo of San Diego. In 1846 it was the home of Juan Matias Moreno, secretary to Pío Pico, California’s last Mexican governor.
Note from Christine: This is now a Rockin’ Baja Shrimp restaurant. 😦
Descriptions of each landmark are from the California Office of Historical Preservation website.